In this section...
- Beautiful contemporary villa
- Stunning sunset views
- Stylish interiors
- Peaceful and quiet
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
Villa Mai sits high above Patara beach, close to the character villages of Üzümlü and Islamlar and just a ten-minute drive from Kalkan. It’s owned by an interior designer from Istanbul, who has gone all out to ensure that the only thing that could ever upstage her beautiful villa would be the fiery sunset views over Patara beach, a spectacle that will have you reaching for your camera every time. The villa is accessed via a steep track, enhancing the away-from-it all feeling, and with only one near neighbour to the rear of the property, your home-from-home feels wonderfully private.
Yet despite the villa’s high-glamour style, a holiday here is all about peace and relaxation, whatever that means for you. Stock the fridge at the start of the week and you may never want to move again, such is the allure of the infinity pool and terrace, complete with a barbecue and dining area for laid-back lunches and long star-lit evenings. The local villages definitely deserve some attention however, and you can reach Üzümlü and Islamlar by car in just five or ten minutes respectively. Both villages are steeped in traditional charm, and Islamlar has a particularly good range of restaurants, with fresh mountain trout as the must-try speciality. For beaches, sandy Patara is the obvious choice, but there are other little gems around Kalkan, where you’ll find watersports, beach clubs, a wide range of shops and some of the most sophisticated restaurants on the entire Turquoise Coast.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
- 2 bedroom single storey villa (sleeps 2-4)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen includes oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room and Jacuzzi, leads to pool terrace
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room, leads to pool terrace
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- While alcohol is not sold in Üzümlü’s shops or restaurants, it is easily available in Islamlar, only a five-minute drive away
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Built-in stone barbecue
- Outside shaded dining area
- Outside shower
- Private swimming pool 3.8m x 12.5m (depth 1.55m throughout)accessed via a ladder, built-in seating area
- 23 steps down to villa
- Unpaved countryside track leads to villa
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected
From 2 March 2020, British nationals travelling to Turkey for tourism or business purposes will no longer need a visa for visits of up to 90 days within any 180-day period.
- Mini-market 5min drive or 15min walk
- Restaurant 10min drive
- Kalkan (restaurants/shops/beach clubs) 10min drive
- Islamlar 10min drive
- Patara beach 20min drive
- Dalaman airport 1hr 45min drive
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are included in the package price of your holiday:
- 2-4 guests – 1 Group B, Opel Astra saloon or similar*
* All our cars include full comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage, tyres and windscreen are included in the cover.
Group B – 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request (supplements apply). Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group D – Dacia Duster or similar, 1.5 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – VW Carvelle/Mercedes Vito or similar, 2 litre diesel engine, 3 large and 3 medium suitcases*
Group F – Opel Astra saloon automatic or similar, 1.6 litre petrol engine, 1 large and 2 medium suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 45cm x 23cm and a medium suitcase of approximately 60cm x 40cm x 23cm.
We loved the villa itself, location and area.
Mr Bryant – October 2019
The villa is very pleasant and the pool was excellent. The rep was excellent and very helpful about advising restaurants for our vegan and gluten intolerant daughter. Not fazed at all by that! This is our third Simpson holiday and we will certainly use your services again.
Mrs Walker – September 2019
The villa was the best we have ever stayed in and Olivia was the best rep we have ever had!
Tim Clark – August 2019
I understand that we were the first occupants of Villa Mai. Clearly much work has gone into its preparation. Everything was in place, everything worked and the villa was beautifully presented. We enjoyed complete peace and quiet. Olivia gave us a very thorough briefing on the area and all in all it was an extremely relaxing break. Many thanks.
Tony & Ailis Smith – May 2019
Our choice of Turkey properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
A pretty mountain village just above Kalkan Bay, Islamlar is a place of bucolic tranquillity and rustic architecture set against the dramatic backdrop of the Taurus Mountains. In the heart of Islamlar you will still find a truly traditional way of life, unchanged throughout the centuries: an old tea house, a bakery where flour is still ground by millstones and shepherds herding their sheep among the olive trees.
Nearby is Islamlar’s even sleepier neighbour, Üzümlü. This traditional village is wonderfully unspoilt – a place where you can fully immerse yourself in the every-day comings and goings of rural Turkey.
But should you wish to experience a more cosmopolitan expression of Turkish hospitality, Kalkan with its beach clubs, vibrant waterfront bars and rooftop restaurants, is just a short drive away, giving you the best of all worlds.
To complete the picture, visit our handpicked selection of lovely villas in Islamlar & Üzümlü.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Islamlar & Üzümlü
View holiday Booking Conditions