In this section...
- Peaceful seaside villa
- Short walk to a sandy beach
- Private heated swimming pool and Jacuzzi
- Restaurants 7-minute walk
Tucked between pine trees for extra peace and privacy, this newly-built villa is a short, easy stroll from eight kilometres of unspoilt sandy beach, which is supervised to give parents extra peace of mind. In fact, pristine and cheerful The Ocean Villa is the perfect family holiday home. A heated pool, Jacuzzi, barbecue and table tennis provide everyone with plenty to enjoy without leaving the garden, although the charmingly French seaside village of Longeville-sur-Mer is just two kilometres away with shops, bars and restaurants – and for breakfast croissants, there’s a bakery just 300 metres away.
A spacious entrance hall welcomes you in, with a spiral staircase leading up to the first floor. There are five bedrooms but the sleeping arrangements are flexible, with two double rooms, two rooms which can be converted into either doubles or twins and a youngster-friendly fifth bedroom with bunk beds.
If you can bear to tear yourself away from the spacious sun terrace or the expanse of beach virtually on your doorstep, there are surf and sailing schools nearby, as well as cycle paths, children's play areas, go-karting, and sports facilities within easy reach of the villa. And the Vendée region itself offers even more family-friendly diversions, from amusement parks to golf courses.
The Ocean Villa and Vendée Beach House are positioned next door to each and whilst maintaining independence and privacy, they can be rented together to provide a spacious venue for an extended family gathering or a group of friends.
The local area
Over half of the 250km Atlantic coastline of the Vendée is broad sandy beaches; you will find yourself basking in the sun, settling down for a nice lunch overlooking the waves, and enjoying the seaside ambience with plenty of room to spread out. The coastal towns are delightful, with the old fishing village of Les Sables-d’Olonne full of old world seaside charm, its broad beach lined with restaurants and cafés. It is famous as the starting point for the gruelling Vendée Globe sailing race. St-Jean-de-Monts is known as the biggest sandpit in western France, although La-Tranche-sur-Mer actually tops it with 13km of sandy beach. St-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie is the oldest port in the Vendée and if you like grilled sardines this is the place to go. Offshore, the islands of L’Ile-d’Yeu, with its wild coastline facing the Atlantic, and Noirmoutier, reached by its exceptional causeway the Passage du Gois (check the tide tables), are wonderful spots for day outings. Inland, the Marais Poitevin, known as the ‘Green Venice’, is an area of 90,000 hectares of canals and marshes, forests and abbeys, where sea and fresh water meet, and full of the most luxurious variety of birds and wildlife. You can hire a small boat and drift lazily through the timeless waterworld.
- 5-bedroom villa (sleeps 8 adults, 2 children)
- Living room
- Dining room
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, toaster, kettle, coffee maker, fridge, freezer and dishwasher
- Master bedroom with king-size bed and en-suite shower room with WC
- Double or twin bedroom with en-suite shower room with WC
- Children's bedroom with bunk beds
- Double bedroom with king-size bed, walk-in dressing room, en-suite shower room with WC, private terrace overlooking garden
- Double or twin bedroom, walk-in dressing room, en-suite shower room with WC, private terrace overlooking the garden
- Complimentary WiFi
- Simpson Travel telephone representative
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Washing machine and dryer
- 2 travel cots (bottom sheet only provided)
- Satellite TV and DVD player, wireless HiFi system
- Heating (included)
- Table tennis
- Private heated swimming pool 7m x 3m, heated to 28°C free of charge (weather permitting)
- For further information on Terms and Conditions specific to this French property please click here
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Bed linen, bath and pool towels are provided
- Weekly linen change for bookings of one week or more
- Additional cleaning €20 per hour (3 hour minimum)
- Cook available on request
- All services payable locally
- Prices quoted are subject to change
- Check-in time – 4pm to 7pm
- Check-out time – 10am
La Rochelle 70km
- Ferry ports
Le Havre 486km
- TGV stations
La Roche-sur-Yon 35km
La Rochelle 74km
Les Sables-d'Olonne 93km
- Beach 2min walk
- Shop (Longeville-sur-Mer) 5min walk
- Restaurants (Longeville-sur-Mer) 7min walk
- Les Sables d’Olonne 40min drive
- La Rochelle airport 1hr 15min drive
Shops and services
- Bakery and grocery 300m away
- Bouil (500m) – general food store and two small restaurants
- Vincent-sur-Jard (1km) – Parc de Clemenceau and restaurants
- Longeville-sur-Mer (2km) – all shops and services
- Jard-sur-Mer (3km) – Super U supermarket, restaurants
- Longeville-sur-Mer (2km) – Fridays
- Jard sur Mer (3km) – Mondays and Fridays
- La Tranche (6km) – lively twice-weekly market
- Moutiers-les-Mauxfaits (15km) – Tuesdays and Fridays
- Moutiers-les-Mauxfaits (5km) – Okoumé (pizzeria/créperie)
- La Tranche-sur-Mer (6km) – Restaurant gastronomique l’Equinoxe
- La Tranche-sur-Mer (6km) – Restaurant gastronomique Le Nautile
- La Tranche-sur-Mer (6km) – Brasserie Le Phare West
- Longeville-sur-Mer (2km) – Créperie Les Flots Bleus
- St Cyr-en-Talmondais (6km) – La Cour d’Aron
- Vincent-sur-Jard (0.5km) – L’Océan
- Jard-sur-mer (3km) – Le Kimana
- Château d’Olonne (15km) – Baie de Cayola
- Les Sables d’Olonne (25km) – a wide selection of restaurants
These restaurants have been recommended by our owners and this list is updated as often as possible. Ownership and quality may have changed since the last update.
Places to see
- Puy du Fou (90km) – spectacular medieval theme park, great for all the family
- The Marais Poitevin is the Green Venice of France – a wonderful day can be spent rowing along canals and small rivers, picnicking along its shores and spotting the rich wildlife. One of the starting points is the pretty village of Maillezais (80km)
- Vouvant (74km) – the only ‘Plus beau village de France’ in Vendée, a lovely small town
- Fête de la Musique – 21 June
- Poupet Music and dance festival at St Malo du Bois (90km) in July
- Medieval festival at Bazoges-en-Pareds (65km) in August
- Many fêtes in other villages in the summer
- Fish and shellfish – sardines from St Gilles-Croix-de-Vie, mussels from l’Aiguillon, oysters from the Baie de Bourgneuf, prawns, crab, langoustines, fish soup
- Poultry from Challans
- Veal from Chalais
- Brioche – many varieties of this rich sweet bread
- The four main vineyards – Mareuil, Pissotte, Brem and Vix – make up the Fiefs Vendéens
- Just down the path by the villa is a beautiful 8km-long beach looking out to the Ile de Ré. The water is generally quite calm as it is part of a bay which is sheltered by the Ile de Ré
Other beaches close by:
- La Tranche-sur-Mer (13km) – sandy
- La Faute-sur-Mer (21km) – sandy
- Les Sables d'Olonne (25km) – sandy
- Bicycle hire – 300m
- Tennis courts – 500m
- Windsurfing, kite surfing, surf boarding, sailing, sailing club with equipment hire – 500m
- Horse riding – 5km
- Theme Parks – Indian Forest adventure park (10km), Puy du Fou (80km) and Futuroscope (150km)
- Golf (all within an easy 60-min drive). The Vendée is home to six 18-hole golf courses, four of them on the coast and two inland. For serious golfers the best by a distance is the Domangère course at La Roche-sur-Yon. The next recommendation is the links course, Golf de la Prée, which is north of La Rochelle. At Saint Jean-de-Monts, a number of holes on the edge of the beach is a links course. At Saint-Gilles-Croix-de-Vie, the Fontenelles course and its surrounding countryside is one of gentle undulations, maritime pines and green oaks. The course at Port Bourgenay is on a villa estate covering 85 hectares and is fringed by pine woodland and small lakes. At Olonne-sur-Mer a reasonable holiday golf course.
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in France to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
La Rochelle 70km/1hr 10min drive
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||13 Jun – 19 Sep|
|Manchester||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|London Stansted||Ryanair / Jet2||Saturday||All season|
|Leeds||Jet2||Saturday||23 May – 19 Sep|
|Bristol||easyJet||Saturday||27 Jun – 29 Aug|
Nantes 116km/1hr 20min drive
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|London Luton||easyJet||Sunday||All season|
|Liverpool||easyJet||Sunday||28 Jun – 30 Aug|
Poitiers 174km/1hr 55min drive
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Sunday||All season|
A wonderful location and amazing accommodation which contributed to making memories that we will treasure. Our family, from toddlers to pensioners all enjoyed this holiday at The Ocean Villa, with a beautiful beach on the doorstep, little towns to visit a short drive away with markets, forest walks and geocaching – there is something for everyone.
Alison – August 2018
The Ocean Villa is a great villa in a fantastic location. The beach is ideal for young children.
Caroline Simpson – June 2018
The villa was amazing and was home from home.
Henry – June 2016
Our choice of French properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
They may not have Côte d’Azur chic, but the charming towns along Vendée’s Atlantic coastline have 200km of sandy beaches to make up for it. And don’t miss the old fishing village of Les Sables-d’Olonne, one of France’s original seaside destinations. Vendée is also home to La Roche-sur-Yon, a stately town built by Napoleon, who never envisaged the waterpark and golf courses there today. Venture inland and you’ll find the Marais Poitevin (Green Venice) with its canals, forest-covered hills, picturesque villages and historic abbeys.
And to complete the picture, choose from our handpicked collection of Vendée villas for a comfortable home from home to return to.
View holiday Booking Conditions