In this section...
- Stylish contemporary villa
- Beautiful countryside views
- Peaceful and secluded
- Media room
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
Nestled in the heart of traditional trulli country, surrounded by olive groves and open fields, contemporary Villa Aia comes as something of a wonderful surprise. The villa is the work of Puglian architect Daniele Corsaro, who has created a stunningly modern yet characterful villa as perhaps only a genuine local could. Walls of glass intersect with pale golden stone, opening up the interior spaces to glorious views over the Itria Valley. The sleek lines are mirrored in the immaculate swimming pool, your focal point for long lazy days in delicious countryside seclusion.
With four en-suite bedrooms, Villa Aia makes a great base for several couples or friends looking to discover this little-known corner of Italy. Lying roughly mid-way between historic Ostuni and Cisternino, one of Italy’s celebrated ‘Slow Food’ towns, there’s plenty to inspire foodies and photographers within a ten to 15-minute drive. When the coast calls, you can be at the beach in around half an hour; choose a coastal nature reserve or one of the town beaches for delightfully contrasting experiences. If the midday temperatures makes moving feel like too much effort, you can always retreat to the air-conditioned media room for a nostalgic trawl through the owner’s DVD collection. Evenings in are an equal pleasure, with a stylish sunken dining area where you can wine, dine and put the world to rights as the sun sets on another memorable day.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 4 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-8)
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area, open fireplace, sliding glass doors open to terrace
- Kitchen with electric hob, oven, Gaggia coffee machine, wine fridge, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with floor-to-ceiling windows with views over the Val d’Itria
- Twin bedroom with en-suite shower room (can be configured into a double on request)
- Wet room
Lower ground floor
- Media room with large flat-screen satellite TV and DVD player
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, and walk-in wardrobe, opens onto outdoor seating area
- Twin bedroom (can be configured into a double on request) with en-suite shower room, opens onto outdoor seating area
- Laundry room with washing machine (external access)
- WC (external access)
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Underfloor heating in all rooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, pool and bath towels provided
- Outdoor kitchen area with barbecue
- Outside shaded dining area
- Private swimming pool 15m x 4m (depth 1.2m throughout), accessed via steps, submerged seating area
- Due to low walls and drops in the garden children under 8 are not permitted
- Two car parking areas (one with step access to villa, one with level access to villa)
- Unpaved gravel road leads up to villa for last few hundred metres
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BR07401291000010425
- Check in time – 4.00pm
- Check out time – 10.00am
- Bar/restaurant/mini-market (Casalini) 7min drive
- Shops/restaurants/supermarket (Cisternino) 15min drive
- Ostuni 20min drive
- Locorotondo 20min drive
- Torre Canne beach 30min drive
- Savelletri beach clubs 30min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Monopoli 40min drive
- Brindisi airport 45min drive
- Bari airport 1hr 20min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
Villa Aia has many ‘wow’ features. The swimming pool, terraces and outdoor sunken dining room were thoroughly enjoyed by our family! The villa kitchen is well equipped and indoor dining and relaxing areas are comfortable with lovely views. Location of villa is quite remote with access via an unmade up narrow road; however, the beautiful local towns and villages are only a short drive away. All in all, a fabulous experience, so glad we chose Puglia as our destination for our family holiday this year!
Ms Taylor – September 2019
Villa Aia was beautiful and in a wonderfully secluded spot amongst the olive groves. The pool was the highlight and pool toys available at villa were a bonus for the children. Our stay was wonderful. A super holiday! Thank you so much.
L Moseley – July 2019
Villa Aia is a fantastic holiday villa – a beautiful location (surrounded by olive groves and wildflower meadows and very close to a small town with a bakery and small shops and also to lovely Cisternino and Ostuni) and fantastically well appointed – like a home-from-home. We loved the area and have loads more we want to see and do so will definitely be back!
Mrs Brennan – June 2019
We have had a wonderful week at Villa Aia. The villa is amazing – so comfortable and well appointed. We love the surroundings – the wildflower meadows and olive groves and all the wildlife. We didn’t do as much exploring as we would have liked (the villa was too comfortable!). The private chef was a highlight which we’d definitely recommend.
Sara & Des – June 2019
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions