In this section...
- Simpson Exclusive
- Spacious villa with stylish interiors
- Beautiful lawned gardens
- Private chef and fully serviced option available
- Close to the Tuscan coast
Holidays will be different this summer. Find out how travel is changing and what we are doing to keep you safe here.
This stylish villa sits in a beautiful rural setting in the Maremma region of Tuscany, famed for its unspoilt coastline, wild and diverse nature reserves and charming towns and villages. A little less polished than the Tuscany of Chianti and the Val d’Orcia, it is none the less appealing and with the advantage of a vast stretch of coastline to explore, it never disappoints.
Surrounded by delightful lawned gardens, Dolce & Toscana sits at the centre of a large, well-maintained plot brimming with fragrant rosemary and lavender and punctuated by a deeply romantic rose-strewn pergola traversing the front of the house. At the back, views across gently rolling countryside make this a truly uplifting spot to relax and unwind under the Tuscan sun, with a lovely shaded terrace to retire to when temperatures soar. The generous pool offers plenty of space for lounging and a further soft-seating area at one end is an enchanting place to sit and while away the hours with friends and family.
The spacious interiors are stylish and comfortable, with an appealing blend of boho antiques and modern classics lending character and flair alongside every modern convenience. Separate to the open plan living and dining areas, the TV room is perfect for little ones or teens to host a movie night and for of those in need of a little extra pampering, there’s a dedicated massage room where we can arrange treatments from the excellent local masseuse.
There are four individually styled en-suite bedrooms in the main house, while a separate annexe contains its own kitchen and living area, two further bedrooms (one with en-suite shower) and an independent bathroom, ideal for families travelling with a nanny, or multi-generational groups looking to spread out and maintain a little extra privacy. The villa manager lives in a self-contained apartment beneath the annexe, accessed entirely independently and via a separate driveway ensuring she does not encroach on our guests’ enjoyment of Dolce & Toscana in any way. But it is well worth noting that she is a qualified chef and very happy to arrange to come and cook for you during your stay - or deliver a freshly prepared meal and leave you to it if you prefer. Daily cleaning is included at the villa, but a fully serviced option is available for a supplement, perfect for anyone wishing to enjoy a complete break from cooking and the day-to-day chore of tidying away at mealtimes.
Set between the appealing towns of Capalbio and Manciano, just a half-hour drive from the stunning Monte Argentario peninsula and west coast beaches, there is a great deal to see and do around the villa. Visit the extraordinarily situated town of Orbetello, flanked by two natural lagoons, enjoy a day trip from Porto San Stefano to the exquisite Isola del Giglio or rent your own little motorboat in fashionable Porto Ercole and explore the waters around the peninsula at your leisure. For beach lovers there are various options too, from fully serviced beach clubs to the unspoilt natural beauty of the Tombolo di Feniglia, a 6km stretch of sand and sea backed by pine forest, accessible only on foot or by bicycle. As you would expect in Tuscany, eating out is a fabulous feast of fresh local produce and wine-lovers will be pleased to know the Maremma region has its fair share of award-winning vineyards, yours to explore whenever the mood may take you.
- 6 bedroom villa (sleeps 2-10)
- Main house ground floor
- Living/dining area with satellite TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, microwave, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Master double bedroom with en-suite bathroom and sitting room with wood burner, flat screen TV/DVD player, French doors lead out to garden area
- Laundry room
Main house first floor
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room, walk-in wardrobe (with safe), French doors lead to private balcony
- Double bedroom with en-suite shower room
- Twin bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Open-plan living/dining/kitchen area with satellite TV
- Kitchen includes gas hob, electric oven, dishwasher
- Double bedroom with en-suite bathroom
- Twin bedroom
- Shower room
- Washing machine
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned throughout
- Mosquito nets in all windows
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, Simpson pool towels provided
- Outside shaded dining and lounge areas
- Concierge service (can arrange breakfasts, dinners, picnics – payable locally) – full concierge details available
- Massage room with en-suite shower room (massages available on request and payable locally)
- Private swimming pool 18 x 6m (depth 1.5m throughout), due to the cooler temperatures, the swimming pool will be closed from 30 September
- In Italy, a daily tourist tax applies for the first week of your stay only, which means that an average of €2 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay. Balconies are lower than 1m in height, so children should be supervised at all times
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails*
* We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes due to factors beyond our control reliability can be affected.
- Full service option £450/week (3-day option available at £260)
- All meals and clearing included (breakfast, light lunch, canapés and dinner)
- Food shopping included (excludes cost of food)
- Daily housekeeping included
- Masseuse/beautician available (not included and payable locally)
- Nearest restaurant 5min drive
- Shops/restaurant/cafés (Capalbio) 15min drive
- Shops/restaurant/cafés/large supermarkets (Manciano) 20min drive
- Orbetello 30min drive
- Porto Ercole 40min drive
- Porto Santo Stefano 40min drive
- Beach (Ultima Spiaggia) 30min drive
- Beach (Fenilia) 40min drive
- Rome Fiumicino airport 1hr 40min drive
Below are the flight options available, including the most convenient airports in Italy to help you reach your destination as quickly and easily as possible.
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Heathrow||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Gatwick||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||Ryanair||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||easyJet||Saturday||All season|
|East Midlands||Jet2||Saturday||June - September|
|Departure airport||Airline||Flight days||Seasonality|
|London Gatwick||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|London City||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|London Stansted||British Airways||Saturday||All season|
|Luton Airport||Vueling||Saturday||All season|
|Manchester||British Airways||Saturday||June - September|
|Edinburgh||British Airways||Saturday||June - October|
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
- 3 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 5 guests – 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 6 guests – 2 group C, VW Polo or similar*
- 7 guests – 1 group C, VW Polo or similar, and 1 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 8 guests – 2 group D, Peugeot 308 or similar*
- 9 guests – 1 group D, Peugeot 308 and 1 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
- 10 guests – 2 group F, Fiat Tipo SW or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess. For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
Group B – 1.2 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group C – 1.6 litre engine, 2 medium and 1 large suitcases*
Group D – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 3 large and 2 small suitcases*
The following cars are available as alternatives on request. Please call our travel specialists for details.
Group H – Alfa Romeo Giulietta AUT or similar, 1.6 litre engine, 3 large suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We had a wonderful month at this special house. The views are beautiful and the house has everything you could need. The kids had a special summer swimming and exploring and the area is amazing for that. We look forward to coming back again.
Satisfied guests – August 2019 (review from previous guests prior to Simpson Travel)
We had such a lovely time at this beautiful villa, we only wish we could stay longer. The region is filled with magic…from the medieval towns to the beach club to the abundance of great food. But the house, and especially Claudia whose care and delicious cooking, made this trip one of the most memorable. We cannot wait to come back!
Rashida Jones & friends – July 2019 (review from previous guests prior to Simpson Travel)
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* * For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
From the moment you arrive in Tuscany, you are invited to share in its grand passions and indulgent pleasures – world-famous wine, mouth-watering food and epic histories. Each of Tuscany’s ten provinces has its own unique personality, but wherever you stay, you’ll find yourself surrounded by a verdant patchwork of olive groves, cypress trees and vineyards. From the birthplace of the Renaissance, Florence, to the narrow streets of hilltop San Gimignano, Tuscany makes for a stunning escape.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Tuscany
Every Simpson Exclusive Villa includes our complimentary Concierge Service, designed to make your holiday experience as relaxing and seamless as possible.
It includes our dedicated pre-departure services to help you plan the details of your trip before you leave the UK, from the logistics of your journey to the personal requests that will make your time away truly magical.
Drawing on our experience and extensive local knowledge, we will do our utmost to accommodate any feasible request.
However, as a minimum, we can arrange:
- Private chef service
- Grocery shopping and delivery
- Restaurant recommendations and reservations
- In-villa massage and beauty treatments
Once you reach your destination, our local Concierge will be on hand to offer any further advice or assistance.
View holiday Booking Conditions