In this section...
- Beautifully restored trulli
- Ideal for families and multi-generational groups
- Expansive lawned grounds
- Peaceful setting amongst the olive groves
- Restaurant 8min drive
The distinctive trulli houses of Puglia are a taste of the region as it was over 500 years ago and, transformed through a four-year labour of love, Trulli Rosalinda is the chance to soak up a little of this history. It’s as much a part of the landscape as the ancient olive trees, and lovingly restored by owners Rosalinda and Leo, it’s a genuinely unique and charming place to stay.
Your accommodation is made up of three traditional trulli houses that have been joined together and extended into one beautifully creative conversion. Within the walls of Trulli Rosalinda, you’ll find two separate areas, each with its own entrance and thoughtfully designed for cordial and relaxed family living. A lovely light open-plan kitchen/diner and living room (with shower room attached) enjoy views across the gardens towards the pergola and pool, while five delightful bedrooms and three further bathrooms are interconnected and accessed separately from another equally appealing part of the garden, with ample space to sit out and enjoy the blissful setting in either sun or shade.
This unusual layout makes Trulli Rosalinda the perfect choice for a family travelling with grandparents or with older children who’d like to feel more independent – and when everyone has their own space, it makes shared time in the communal areas even more of a pleasure.
Inside and out, Trulli Rosalinda is gently styled to allow a more natural beauty to shine through. White walls are edged with stone the colour of amaretti biscuits, whilst arched windows, doorways and wall alcoves reflect the gentle curves of the high, domed ceilings. Sheer curtains gently diffuse the light to create a calm space, with wooden beams and table tops for a homely feel. This more organic approach extends to the garden too. Ancient olive trees, up to 400 years old, provide pockets of shade across the lush green lawns, their gnarled trunks each a twisted work of art and spotlit at night. The infinity pool is circular, the air filled with the scent of lavender growing around it, and when you’re not soaking up the sun by the pool, there’s a solid stone dining table and extra seating with parasols on stand-by. An additional covered area has a firepit taking centre stage for atmospheric evenings or drying off after a late-night swim.
The local area
With a choice of restaurants, Cristo Re is your nearest village, less than a ten-minute drive away. Every August, it plays its part in a religious ceremony during which a statue of the Virgin Mary from the historic town of Santa Maria di Leuca is paraded through the streets and down to the port from where it’s sailed across to San Gregorio and back – reason enough for fireworks and a party!
Monopoli, with its historic old town, castle and pretty harbour is just a 20-minute drive away. There you can hire boats, shop for the delicious local food and drink and dine out in style.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 5 bedrooms
- For families or groups travelling together
- Kitchen/dining area includes gas hob, electric oven, fridge-freezer, dishwasher
- Living area
- Shower room
- French doors to the garden and pool area
- Fireplace (wood included)
- Sitting area with flat screen tv and door to garden
- Shower room off sitting area
- Bedroom 1 - double bed and door to sitting area
- Bedroom 2 - double bed and door to sitting area
- Bedroom 3 - twin beds, door to sitting area, Jack-and-Jill shower room connecting to bedroom 4
- Bedroom 4 - double bed, Jack-and-Jill shower room connecting to bedroom 3, door to garden, connects to bedroom 5
- Bedroom 5 - twin beds with en-suite shower room, door to garden, connects to bedroom 4
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioning throughout
- Shared laundry room
- Barbecue and pizza oven
- Shaded outdoor dining area
- Private freeform swimming pool approx. 8m x 8m (depth 1.15m – 1.35m)
- Pool may be heated for an additional fee of €400/week (payable locally, please pre-book)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash to your villa owner during your stay.
- Our Covid-19 pledge means your holiday is fully protected. However, there may be special conditions surrounding flexible booking at this property. For further details, please visit: /covid-pledge-flexible-booking.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BA07203032000019061
- Check in time – 4:00pm - 8:00pm
- Check out time – 10:00am
- Cristo Re (restaurant/mini-market/bar/bakery) 8min drive
- Monopoli (shops/restaurants/supermarket) 15min drive
- Polignano a Mare beach 20min drive
- Porto Ghiacciolo beach 20min drive
- Conversano 25min drive
- Alberobello 30min drive
- Ostuni 45min drive
- Bari town 50min drive
- Bari airport 1hr drive
- Brindisi airport 1hr drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire in Italy; please click here to view options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
We had a fabulous week – my husband and I have been working very hard and we needed a relaxing holiday and Simpson Travel delivered on that! Our ‘Trull’" was beautiful – we loved the architecture as well as the surroundings and pool. We were very impressed by the quality of the food and felt it was the perfect place to stay safe and well (with Covid-19). Our highlight was Angelo, the chef, and the girls say hi to his son! Thank you for looking after us so well. Until next time!
Janet, James, Will, Evelyn and Amelia – August 2020
This is just the loveliest villa we have ever stayed in. We loved trulli living and the circular pool. We also loved exploring and would recommend Alberobello, Locorotondo, Ostuni, Martina Franca and dinner out in Monopoli and Polignano A Mare. Apparently Puglia means ‘land with little rain’ but we managed to get two days of rain. We escaped it one day and travelled to Matera, which is very lovely and interesting. We shall be back – thank you.
The Elvin family – August 2020
Thank you for a wonderful stay in this beautiful villa. We were blessed with blue skies and warm sun and were really able to make the most of this stunning region of Italy. Spent a glorious afternoon on a boat, enjoyed dinner in Monopoli, wine tasting, café speziale in Polignano a Mare and a delicious home-cooked meal courtesy of Angela. Thank you Francesco and Simpson Travel for another wonderful trip.
The Watson family – October 2019
Dear Simpson Travel – you’ve done it again. Another enchanting week in a poem of a villa, whose powerful charm utterly obliterated any minor practical niggles and brought us in tune with the magic of this lovely part of Italy. Francesco’s advice and recommendations gave us a rich menu of gems to choose from and the week went by far too quickly for us to see all of them. So, once again, we’ll just have to come back! Yours Trulli (I thought I’d better get that one in before anyone else!).
The Pagett family and Keir – September 2019
We have loved our stay at Trulli Rosalinda! A peaceful and relaxing setting but close to much of what Puglia has to offer. Our thanks to Francesco for all his recommendations and assistance. Our highlights (other than lazing by the pool!) have been…a wonderful meal celebrating our 25th anniversary at Lido Bianco in Monopoli – wonderful views and wonderful food. The cookery class at Dive Fave Gustave – a real Italian experience, aperols at Polignano a Mare and a fab trip to Matera – a bit of a drive but definitely worth the time.
The Brooks family – August 2019
A perfect Puglian paradise for those in need of rest and relaxation in a very peaceful setting.
Simpson Traveller – August 2019
We had a lovely week in no small part thanks to Francesco and Angela who were always available and dealt with any requests we made.
The da Silva family – August 2019
A very relaxing week spent at Trulli Rosalinda. I have wanted to stay here for two years and it definitely exceeded expectations. A big thank you to Francesco who has facilitated a fantastic week of Puglian experiences for us. We thoroughly enjoyed having a pizza chef coming to cook for us at the trulli and very glad we got to use the beautiful outdoor oven. We also enjoyed a private chef who delivered an authentic Puglian dining experience. Puglia is already a special place but Trulli Rosalinda has been a wonderful home. Thank you Simpson Travel for continuing to show me magical destinations.
F Pyke – May 2019
Trulli Rosalinda is a stunning – in a large, private plot surrounded by olive groves. Beautiful gardens. The website doesn't do it justice. We loved our stay.
Jeff Neilson – June 2018
For peace and quiet in a truly rural setting there can be few better villas than Trulli Rosalinda.
Mary Hartley & Peter Hall – June 2018
Trulli Rosalinda – a ‘trulli’ wonderful Italian experience. The perfect place to relax and unwind. We spent many evenings relaxing and playing games around the fire pit, watching the sunset from the rooftops and drinking far too much delicious Italian wine. We arrived as stressed English doctors and left very well rested and ready to face work again back home.
Jess, Jess, Nick, Aria, Lizzie & Rich – June 2018
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions