In this section...
- Two-bedroom suite
- Stunning sea views
- Direct access to the sea
- Private garden and terrace
- Restaurants and sandy beaches 10-minute stroll
- Ostuni 15-minute drive
Our 2022 holidays are now available to reserve online. For more information, visit our Advance Registration page.
+39 391 7265463.
One of three suites within an imposing villa built in 1925, elegant La Perla del Mare is fabulously situated on a peninsular just ten metres from the waters of the Adriatic. It has a private entrance and its own secluded terrace and garden leading directly onto a quiet shingle beach with access to the sea across a rocky shoreline. The peaceful ebb and flow of the waves affords a wonderfully restorative and uplifting soundtrack to any stay here and despite the astonishing 800km of coastline in Puglia, such magnificently situated properties are hard to find.
The artistic interiors are a stylish blend of clean lines, modern artworks and traditional furnishings, creating a seductive atmosphere of laid-back sophistication, with all rooms benefiting from uninterrupted views of the water. The living accommodation is on one level, with two comfortable double bedrooms, and a shower room. A striking and contemporary kitchen makes cooking here a real pleasure and the owner has some beautiful books to inspire your culinary whims.
The beautifully planted gardens at La Perla del Mare are colourful and softly scented; with rosemary, juniper and myrtle, set against a backdrop of structural palms to give an exotic Mediterranean feel. Outside, the covered terrace has pots with lavender and cascades of pretty annuals and is a glorious spot for leisurely lunches or candlelit dinners. There is also an external staircase leading to a roof terrace with a breathtaking panoramic view of the coast, though low walls make it unsuitable for children.
La Perla del Mare is excellently situated, just a five-minute drive from a choice of soft sandy beaches, and there is a sailing school nearby, with boat hire available at the Marina. The enchanting white city of Ostuni is a 15-minute drive away, while the fashionable Val d’Itria and splendid coastal towns of Monopoli and Polignano a Mare are also within easy reach. But La Perla del Mare’s superb location also makes exploring further south a realistic possibility and the baroque wonders of Lecce are accessible by car in under an hour.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- 2 bedroom suite (sleeps 2-4)
- Living/dining area with satellite TV (English-speaking news channels)
- Kitchen with oven, hob, fridge-freezer, dishwasher, washing machine
- 2 double bedrooms
- Shower room
- Complimentary WiFi
- Air-conditioned bedrooms
- Iron, ironing board, hairdryer, bath towels provided
- One of three suites (the other two are not rented and occasionally used by the owner)
- A daily tourist tax applies for the first two weeks of your stay only, which means that an average of €1.50 per person (12+ years) may be charged. This should be paid in cash during your stay.
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BR07401232000020641
- Check in time – 4.00pm
- Check out time – 10.00am
- Pizzeria/Restaurants/supermarket/bar 10min walk
- Sandy Beach 5min walk
- Ostuni 15min drive
- Brindisi airport 30min drive
- Bari airport 1hr 10min drive
This property is priced on an accommodation-only basis. To view details of recommended flights please click here.
We are happy to arrange your car hire, using one of our trusted local suppliers; please ask us about options and prices. All hire cars booked with us include:
- Fully inclusive insurance, with zero excess*
- Free additional driver
When you book your car with us, we'll also make sure the paperwork is done in advance, leaving you free to simply check and sign for the vehicle when you arrive. For further information regarding travel arrangements click here.
* For this particular destination, the undercarriage is not included in the cover.
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar
- 3 guests – 1 group C, Smart ForFour or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group D, Fiat 500L or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group E, VW T-Cross, Seat Arona or similar
- 4 guests – 1 group F, VW T-ROC / Nissan Kadjar or similar
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
Group C – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group D – 1.4 litre engine, 2 medium suitcases*
Group E – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large suitcases*
Group F – 1.6 litre engine, 2 large and 2 small suitcases*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
The accommodation and gardens exceeded our expectations. It was great being so close to the sea and also just a short walk from the local town centre. The location was beautiful and it was easy to explore the many historic towns in the surrounding region.
Sarah, Malcolm, Eleanor & Samuel – July 2019
What a wonderful and magical place to stay. We’ve feted on local delicacies, snorkelled off the beach and read our books in the fabulous garden. It was a real treat to arrive with a fridge full of vegetables and a bottle of wine – thanks for that – very nice touch. Also, loved the outdoor shower – it’s been bliss.
Kathie, Jason, Celeste & Stella – August 2019
The villa is superb! We all had a marvellous stay. Swimming every morning and sitting on the beach. Jump in the car and drive – it’s all beautiful.
Elaine, David & Freddie – August 2019
Beautiful place. Nice and comfortable villa. Incredible landscape with the Mediterranean sea. Amazing place with the beautiful and historic towns.
Simpson Traveller – August 2019
We’ve had a fabulous week staying at this unique and beautiful villa. We swam and snorkelled in the sea every day and enjoyed the lovely gardens.
Sarah & Malcolm – July 2019
Thank you so much for a wonderful week. The villa is so comfortable and we have enjoyed the various aspects according to the position of the sun – all beautiful.
Alison & Duncan – July 2019
Our first time with Simpson Travel was really special, the most beautiful and unusual location, visually stunning. The villa was superbly well appointed, but very relaxed. The owner extremely welcoming and gracious. The Simpson Travel website, phone and booking experience was perfect, enabling a very simple and relaxed preparation and holiday. We will be using them again!
Louise & Christine – June 2019
This is a unique villa and we have been delighted with everything about it. The sound of the waves on the rocks waking us in the morning is just one of the highlights. An early swim in the bay and a glass of local wine on the terrace in the evening bookended some wonderful days out. The villa is so well equipped and so beautiful that we had many lunches and suppers in the garden or on the terrace. Francesco has been charming and helpful at all times. It has been our good fortune to be the first Simpson travellers here and we have no doubt that the guests who follow will echo our sentiments.
Gaynor & Guthrie – June 2019
The wonderful ever-present sound of the sea, the light, the beautiful natural fauna and flora, the wonderful gardens all go to make our stay here very special. Francesco was a wonderful welcoming host – greeting us with food and wine. I hope we can return as it is completely perfect.
Christine – June 2019
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions