In this section...
- Converted trulli and masseria
- Beautifully tended gardens
- In the heart of the fashionable Valle d’Itria
- Simpson family extras available
- Locorotondo 10-minute drive
- Adriatic beaches 15-minute drive
Book with confidence...
Read our Covid-19 pledge to find out how you and your money are protected.
This charming, peaceful and lovingly-restored hotel near Locorotondo, in the very heart of Puglia’s fashionable Val d’Itria has retained an endearingly authentic appeal, whilst offering every modern comfort and convenience.
Rosalba, the delightful owner, inherited it as a farm from her uncle Leonardo, who used to work the land here; the beautifully tended gardens have been bearing fruit and providing an array of seasonal produce since long before she was born. The result is a place with real soul, that speaks to you softly and holds you in its gentle embrace.
The trulli, originally used to store grain, were designed with conical roofs and a keystone that could be removed so that the structure would collapse when the tax collectors were around. Nowadays, these restored little buildings are built to last, with the reassurance of cement holding the limestone tiles in place.
Rosalba has converted them into cosy bedrooms, excellently furnished, with king-sized beds and en-suite bathrooms; each with its own lovely private garden and open-air shower. The original farmhouse, Villino, has been extended in the local Masseria-style and offers larger bedrooms and bathrooms with access to a sunny roof terrace above. But, wherever you stay, the owner’s impeccable eye for detail is evident, with local ceramics and hand-crafted linens enhancing the appeal of all the comfortable rooms at the hotel.
The gardens here are a particular feature and blissfully fragrant borders edged with the silvery foliage of sage and lavender line the white gravel pathways that meander through the grounds leading to the lovely saltwater pool. This elevated spot offers captivating views across the valley where the endearing roofs of trulli pop up amongst the olive groves and shape this mystical landscape. Roses and bougainvillea wind their way up the pale stone pillars of the delightful pergola surrounding the dining terrace and poolside bar; an elegant and tranquil setting for meals and refreshments or for simply sitting back to soak up the timeless beauty of the place. The breakfasts are beautifully presented and offer a tempting variety of sweet and savoury options which may be enjoyed inside the hotel restaurant or outside on the terrace. For lunch and dinner, the menus make full use of the excellent ingredients the region has to offer, and the hotel chef produces wonderful locally inspired dishes with flair and imagination.
Rosalba is a charming host who will happily help you make the most of this fabulous region. Amongst other things, she can arrange cookery classes, wine-tasting at renowned local vineyard il Pastini, or a trip to a world-famous ceramic factory in Grottaglie where you may even try throwing a pot or two yourself. But she is equally happy to let you experience the grace and beauty of Puglia for yourself. There are bicycles available for exploring the stunning local towns of Locorotondo and Martina Franca and by car, you are well-placed for exploring the many delights the area has to offer: including the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Alberobello, the dazzling white city of Ostuni, the beaches of the Adriatic, and the fantastic coastal towns of Monopoli and Polignano a Mare.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia
- Complimentary WiFi
- Daily buffet breakfast included
- Hotel restaurant for lunch and dinner, open 6 days a week
- Hotel bar
- Reception area (staffed 18 hours a day)
- Shared swimming pool 9m x 11m (depth 1m – 1.60m), accessed via Roman steps
- Pool toys and inflatables available
- Shared Jacuzzi
- Cooking classes available (must be booked in advance)
- Parking available
- Air conditioning
- Satellite flat screen TV (English-speaking channels)
- Hairdryer, bath and pool towels
- Bathrobes, slippers and complimentary bathroom products
- Available on request: cots and mattresses, highchairs, baby baths, bed guards, night lights, children’s cutlery and crockery, changing mats, potties, sterilised bottles, baby listening monitors
- Private terrace and garden
- Light daily clean
- Linen and towels changed every 3 days
- Laundry service (payable locally)
Simpson family extras
- Complimentary cot and highchair available
- Car seats and booster seats can be provided at a supplement, subject to availability
- To pre-book any of our family extras please call 020 8392 5747
- All properties with WiFi are able to support basic functionality such as web browsing and checking emails. We aim to offer an uninterrupted service but sometimes, due to factors beyond our control, reliability can be affected.
National tourist licence (CIS): BA07202562000014191
- Check in time – 4:00pm
- Check out time – 10:00am
- Minimarket-café 20 min walk (high and low season)
- Restaurant with typical homemade Apulian cuisine and pizzeria 20min walk
- Locorotondo 5min drive
- Martina Franca 13min drive
- Beach 15min drive
- Cisternino 15min drive
- Ostuni 20min drive
- Bari airport 50min drive
- Brindisi Airport 60min drive
Our properties in Italy are sold on an accommodation-only basis, allowing you the flexibility to choose the best flights for you. Our specialists will happily advise on routes and airlines, alternatively please find our flying guide here.
Although this property is booked on an accommodation-only basis, we can arrange car hire for you. Usually we provide a 'meet and greet' service to ensure the best possible speed of collection and drop-off but due to Covid-19 this service has been suspended until further notice. We are also able to organise a transfer to your villa and have your car waiting for you on arrival. Please contact our destination specialists to discuss this service.
Based on the number of people travelling, the following hire car(s) are available:
- 2 guests – 1 group B, Fiat 500 or similar*
* All our cars include comprehensive insurance with zero excess and additional second driver.
Group B – 1 litre engine, 1 medium suitcase*
* Suitcase sizes are based on a large suitcase being approximately 75cm x 41cm x 31cm, a medium suitcase of approximately 65cm x 46cm x 29cm and a small suitcase of 55cm x 40cm x 20cm.
We found the Puglian wandering experience (10 days across three hotels of very different style and character but all with a high level of attention to detail and personal service) was a perfect introduction to the many charms of what was to us an entirely new region of Italy.
Alan & Jane Millar – June 2019
We have had a fantastic stay in such a beautiful hotel and an Italian region that has so much to offer – another brilliant Simpson recommendation. We have been spoilt with the service from the hotel – from all the hotel staff but also from Kitty, the Simpson rep. We didn’t require much as the whole trip went smoothly but she was there at the other end of the phone for help or recommendations. The staff and other guests have been so friendly and accommodating. We really needed a longer stay as we are leaving with so much more to explore.
Hannah & Adam – June 2019
Our choice of Italian properties is diverse, ranging from simple charm to genuine luxury and style. Much of our portfolio is privately owned, and price alone is therefore not a universal guide. We contract all our accommodation in person, and each property has its individual appeal.
To help you make the right choice based on your own priorities, we have devised a simple grading guide to be considered in conjunction with each individual property description, awarding up to a maximum of five stars for the below categories.
* For further clarification on Facilities and Amenities, please view the 'Details' tab for each property or speak to one of our experienced sales consultants.
There’s a different side of Italy to discover on a holiday in Puglia – the land of the trulli, ancient olive groves and historic towns that take you on a journey from Byzantine to Baroque. And then there are the countless beaches and beach clubs that capture the diversity of this absorbing destination: unspoilt, unpretentious and full of creative flair, where the generosity of the locals is matched by the excellence of its cuisine.
Explore our pre-bookable experiences in Puglia.
View holiday Booking Conditions